Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Cancer

Well, I am now on day four, and going strong.  One thing I noticed is that of the intentions dealing with health, half of them specifically mention cancer.  It is definitely something that I have feelings about, and can relate with. I know its kind of dumb to say it, but cancer is scary stuff.  We all know that at some level.  For some of the other intentions, I cannot fully relate, having no similar experience myself.  For cancer, it seems like I have more examples in my family every year.  My grandmother died of cancer, and maybe one of my aunts.  In the last 2 years, at least 3 of my close relatives have fought cancer, with my mother having had breast cancer. Overall my family has been blessed, and people have made some great recoveries after some horrible kemo/radiation treatments.  I do know that it doesn't always go that well.

So, when I pray an intention for someone with cancer, I identify with the people who I am praying for.  Cancer is scary, and we can all use help and prayers.  Those who are close to the person with cancer, their friends, and most off all the person who actually has to deal with it.  It is scary, and stressful, and painful.  I hope my prayers can help with some of the stress, and that God will hear my prayers and help with the rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment